Pages

Tuesday 25 February 2014

High School Sweethearts Dotun and Oyin's engagement announcement


Dotun and his bride, Oyin have been together since they were teenagers. When they were 15, Oyin was hobbling around on crutches at a conference feeling miserable when Dotun came walking over. “I saw this guy with a big shiny forehead walking towards me with his blue jean outfit on and flashing all 32s, she said. “He came to me and sat next to me as if I had extended an invitation.” He asked for her number, but she couldn’t receive calls from boys so they came up with a signal that would allow them to talk. A decade later, they are still in love. Oyin said the day he proposed was just a regular Friday; he called her to go to lunch at the St. Regis Hotel, and they headed back to his apartment. While in the kitchen she turned around to see him on his knees, ring in hand, she was beyond excited.

continue...




First encounter
Dotun and I have actually grown together from our adolescent years and attended college together. However, our first encounter started in summer of 2003 during an Eko Club Atlanta conference at the Hilton Hotel; I was 15, going into the 10th grade. I was on crutches from an injury I’d acquired while running track, dreading the fact that I had to be there. He came and sat next to me as if I had extended an invitation, started making small talk and out of nowhere, says to me “I love you! Will you marry me?” LOL…just kidding….. but really he was sweating me though. He asked me if he could have my number and I replied, wide eyed “Ha! Nooooo my father will kill me- boys can’t call my house!” But being his clever self which is one of the things I still love about him today, he replied to me “Well what if I just call your house and let the phone ring one time and hang up, you will know it’s me and you can call me back. Just like that he convinced me and that’s how our system and ultimately, our love story started together.

Proposal
First let me just say Dotun knows me very well. He knows that I am analytical and I can sense when something is up. Therefore, he didn’t dare try to orchestrate something big with my friends and family because I would have simply ruined it with my inquisitive nature. Shame on me huh?? “Amebo” tinz….Anyways, so on a regular Friday he casually called me to meet him for lunch at the St. Regis hotel. We ate lunch and had a few drinks. Since we drove separate cars, we trailed each other as we talked and flirted on the phone on the way back to his place. Upon arrival at his home, we were having a conversation across the apartment, as I was in the kitchen and he was in his room. My back was turned. When he came into the kitchen, I simultaneously turned around to carry on our conversation and found him descending to his knees. Then I saw this NICE rock in his trembling hands as his eyes seemed to be piercing so deeply through me that I almost descended to my knees to keep from falling. But instead, I ran away jumping and screaming in excitement around the apartment! So to say the least, the proposal was highly unexpected, exceptionally spontaneous and blissfully private, I loved every moment of it. The more we grow as an engaged couple, the more I appreciate his sentimental method of proposal. I’m a lucky gal!

The engagement session…
Our engagement shoot was nothing shy of the best! We had a blast! We had a three-themed E-session coordinated by our wedding planner, Mide Events. We started the shoot at a college campus grounds while we sported our sorority and fraternity paraphernalia, then we headed for lunch and a shoot at the theater – which was tons of fun! We ended our night at the Fernbank Museum for a romantic and sultry shoot. The day felt very natural, like an outing with my fiancĂ©, and accompanied by Fotos by Fola and Mide events, only that the task at hand was to capture awesome pics, which we definitely did!

Looking forward to…
I am looking forward to pure bliss on my wedding day. I just want to experience an indescribable euphoria! I want to enjoy our families and friends celebrating our union while we’re just into one another!! Im not worrying about things going wrong! My wedding planner’s got that in a bag!!

awww, don't you just love a good love story (wipes tears from eyes)..i love love (sobs). wishing them a very blessed and fulfilling married life..

source: munaluchi bridals

No comments :

Post a Comment